“Volunteering is a great way to enhance your CV while helping others. In 2017/18, we supported 77 volunteers to increase their skills in a number of different areas. Of the Volunteers we supported last year, over 18% gained employment as a direct result of volunteering with us and 84% of our current staff team began as a volunteer.
We have the following roles available:
- Advice Assistant – Mondays and Fridays in Mountain Ash and Mondays and Thursdays in Pontypridd
- Support Team Members – Tuesdays and Wednesdays in Mountain Ash and Wednesdays in Pontypridd
- Gateway Assessors – Mondays and Fridays in Mountain Ash and Mondays and Thursdays in Pontypridd
Examples of skills to be gained in:
- Advice giving – face to face, telephone and online
- Customer service
- Data Analysis
- ICT and Navigating Digital Systems
- Negotiation and Influencing
We are always looking for new volunteers here at Citizens Advice Rhondda Cynon Taff, so if you are interested in volunteering, please register your interest here.
To learn how volunteering with us helped some of our past volunteers, read our volunteer stories here.