Last updated on 2nd September 2019
Who We Are
Policy key definitions:
- “I”, “our”, “us”, or “we” refer to the business, Rhondda Cynon Taff Citizens Advice.
- “you”, “the user” refer to the person(s) using this website.
- GDPR means General Data Protection Regulations.
- Cookies mean small files stored on a users computer or device.
What Personal Data We Collect and Why We Collect It
We have two contact forms on the website which will collect your information. The information we collect could include your name, address, organisation, telephone number, email address and client information depending on the contact form you use. We collect your information so that we can contact you when you register your interest to volunteer or so that you can refer a client to us from your organisation. We don’t use your information for marketing purposes and we will store your information in line with GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018. See our national Citizens Advice policy.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
How We Store And Protect Your Data
Our staff and volunteers are all GDPR trained.
Links To Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
What Are Cookies
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of the this site. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
The Cookies We Set
- Forms related cookiesWhen you submit data to through a form such as those found on contact pages or comment forms cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
- Site preferences cookiesIn order to provide you with a great experience on this site we provide the functionality to set your preferences for how this site runs when you use it. In order to remember your preferences we need to set cookies so that this information can be called whenever you interact with a page is affected by your preferences.
Third Party Cookies
- This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solutions on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content. For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
Hopefully, that has clarified things for you and as was previously mentioned if there is something that you aren’t sure whether you need or not it’s usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site. This Cookies Policy was created with the help of the GDPR Cookies Policy Generator.
However, if you are still looking for more information then you can contact us through one of our preferred contact methods:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 01443 409284
The cookies we use are:
|Cookie Name||Cookie Details||Expires||Type of Cookie|
|gdpr%5Bprivacy_bar%5D, gdpr[consent_types], gdpr[allowed_cookies], wordpress_test_cookie||Track users’ cookie consent.||1 year from collection||Essential|
|ucp_tabs||Cookies used by website theme for styling.||1 year from collection||Essential|
|viewed_cookie_policy||The viewed_cookie_policy cookie is set to “yes” when the Cookie law info bar has been viewed and accepted.||1 year from collection|
|wp-settings-1, wp-settings-time-2||WordPress uses these cookies to customize the Website’s view of admin interface and possibly also the main Website interface.||1 year from collection||Essential|
|1P_JAR||The “1_P JAR” cookie is used to gather website statistics and track conversion rates.||1 month from collection||Essential|
Citizens Advice Rhondda Cynon Taff has tried to ensure that the information on this website is accurate. However, Citizens Advice Rhondda Cynon Taff will not accept liability for any loss, damage or inconvenience arising as a consequence of any use of or the inability to use any information on this website. Citizens Advice Rhondda Cynon Taff endeavours to provide a service of the highest quality. However, we cannot guarantee that our service will be uninterrupted or error-free. We are not responsible for claims brought by third parties arising from your use of this website
Citizens Advice Rhondda Cynon Taff assumes no responsibility for the contents of linked websites. The inclusion of any link should not be taken as endorsement of any kind by Citizens Advice Rhondda Cynon Taff, of the linked website or any association with its operators. Further, we have no control over the availability of the linked pages.
Material on this website, including text and images, is protected by copyright. It may not be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, posted, broadcast or transmitted in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Prior written consent of the copyright holder must be obtained for any other use of material. Copyright in all materials and/or works comprising or contained within this website remains with Citizens Advice Rhondda Cynon Taf and other copyright owner(s) as specified. No part of this site may be distributed or copied for any commercial purpose.
Contact Citizens Advice RCT About Your Information
If you have any questions about how your information is collected or used, you can contact our office. For the purposes of the Act, the Data Controller is the Chief Executive of Citizens Advice Rhondda Cynon Taff.
Address: 5 Gelliwastad Road, Pontypridd, CF37 2BP
Telephone: 01443 409284, open Monday to Thursday 9am to 5pm and Friday 9am to 4.30pm
You can contact us to:
- find out what personal information we hold about you
- correct your information if it’s wrong, out of date or incomplete
- request we delete your information
- ask us to limit what we do with your data – for example, ask us not to share it if you haven’t asked us already
- ask us to give you a copy of the data we hold in a format you can use to transfer it to another service
- ask us stop using your information